Another easy, quick and tasty soup for those cold March evenings.
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
450gr carrots, roughly chopped
150gr carrots, coarsely grated
1 litre vegetable stock (recipe here)
a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
150ml single cream (you can use natural yogurt, if you prefer)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1) Melt the butter and cook the onion and garlic gently until soft, in a covered saucepan, without colouring.
2) Add the roughly chopped carrots, vegetable stock, and nutmeg. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender.
3) Cool a little, then puree the soup.
4) Stir in the grated carrots, coriander and cream. Taste for seasoning.
5) Serve garnished with a swirl of yogurt and a sprinkling of chopped fresh coriander.