A very simple but tasty soup, taken from the BBC Good Food magazine. It gives an initial spicy kick, followed by the sweetness of the honey.
800gr carrots, roughly chopped
2 tbsp butter
2 small leeks, sliced
2 tsp honey
1 bay leaf
small pinch of dried chilli flakes
2.5 lt vegetable stock (click here for recipe)
soured cream or yogurt, to serve
1) Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for 3 minutes, until the start to soften.
2) Add the carrots, honey, chilli and bay leaf. Cook for 2 minutes.
3) Pour in the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Blend the soup and season to taste.
5) When ready to serve, bring back to a simmer and put into mugs. Add a swirl of soured cream or yogurt.