I haven't posted a recipe since January, so I thought it's about time to post a recent tasty dish I made a few days ago. Once again, it's a very quick, tasty dish, made with fresh ingredients, so no excuses like 'I haven't got time to cook', 'I'm hungry right now', etc etc. It's quite spicy and is equally tasty when eaten cold.
Let's begin then! For 3 people you will need:
3 fresh mackerel (if you are not brave enough to handle a fish with a head or bones, ask your fishmonger tocut them up into fillets for you)
2tbsps olive oil
Half tsp cayenne pepper
1.5 tsps paprika
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1.5 tsp brown sugar
Veggetables of your choice to serve with the fish
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/gas 6.
2. Cut 3 or 4 diagonal slashes on one side of the mackerel. Put in an ovenproof dish in a single layer, cut side up.
3. Mix the olive oil with the cayenne, paprika, balsamic vinegar and sugar.
4. Spread a little in the cuts on the mackerel, and the rest inside the fish.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until flesh in the cuts is opaque and firm.
6. Serve with vegetables of your choice (in the photo, I served it with mashed potatoes and mushrooms)