This is another quick and easy recipe for my hard working friends out there. Not only is it quick and tasty, but by cooking the chicken alongside the potatoes you get to time both to perfection!
Let’s begin without further delays! For 2 persons you need:
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 large potatoes
3-4 sprigs rosemary
200 gr double cream (κρεμα γαλακτος for my Greek friends)
2 pinches of chopped chives (for my Greek friends, the only translation I have found in Greek is ‘σχοινοπρασο’. Basically it looks like the green part of φρεσκα κρεμμυδακια (see photo below).
150 gr stilton cheese (for my Greek friends, the closer you can find in Greece is τυρι ροκφορ)
Olive oil for frying
Salt/pepper to taste
1. Cut the potatoes in medium size cubes.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
3. Add the potatoes to the boiling water. Once you’ve done this, heat a bit of olive oil in a frying pan.
4. Slice the chicken breasts in the middle and fill them with the rosemary.
5. Add them to the frying pan and cook for about 5-7min each side. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. By the time the potatoes are almost ready (they should not be completely soft but should keep their form) the chicken should have been cooked on both sides.
7. Drain the potatoes, place them back in the pan and add the cream, crumbled cheese and the chives. Stir well and bring back to the boil. Lower heat and cook until the sauce is thickened.
8. In the meantime, if the chicken is not fully cooked inside, remove the rosemary, open it at the point where you sliced it and cook it for a further 3-4 min (see photo).
9. Place chicken slice on a plate and serve with the potatoes and sauce.